Geoff Baker grew up in Como before his family moved to the suburb of South Perth when he was a teenager.
The electorate of South Perth is where he learned to walk, how to ride a bike, and how to drive a car - and over 40 years Geoff would have walked, biked or driven along pretty much every street in the electorate. It's a community he cherishes.
Geoff lives here with his family, and he always says he feels lucky everyday to be here and watch his daughters grow up in the same area he did.
Geoff knows that good jobs, quality local schools, accessible health care, efficient transport and safe and secure neighbourhoods are crucial to helping individuals and families get ahead and have better lives.
As a father of two young girls, it's his belief that no matter who you are, or where you live - you should have access to opportunities to reach you full potential to succeed in life.
It’s this core belief and his long history with the community that drives Geoff to get things done for the South Perth electorate.
Geoff Baker in Parliament
Geoff was elected to the Forty-First Parliament for South Perth on 13 March 2021.
Since then, he's been appointed Chair of the Joint Standing Committee on Delegated Legislation, this committee reviews delegated legislation on behalf of Parliament.
- Read Geoff's Inaugural Speech
- Watch Geoff's Inaugural Speech
- Legislative Assembly Seating Plan
- Sitting Calendar
Geoff is also co-convener of the Parliamentary Friends of Clean Energy which is one of many Parliamentary Friendship Groups which are established by Members of the Parliament of Western Australia to raise awareness of, or increase liaison with, a particular group, organisation or issue.
The objectives and aims of the Parliamentary Friends of Clean Energy are:
- to advocate for and promote the development of clean energy in Western Australia;
- to identify opportunities for clean energy development in the State;
- to quantify and promote the role clean energy can make to the State’s climate change response;
- to engage with experts in the field of clean energy;
- to inform Members of Parliament of the potential that clean energy represents.
Geoff is here to represent you in state parliament. He's always here to help so contact him anytime or drop by his office during the week.